This week's articles are about China, France, and a growing list of countries that want to do away with the concept. Read at least one of the following articles.
- "China Weighs Ban on Homework; Teachers, Students Argue Against" (NPR)
- "What Makes Finnish Students So Smart?" (WSJ)
- "French president pushing homework ban as part of ed reforms" (WP)
Need to know exactly how to respond to the article you chose? Click "Read More".
- Give the title of the article, the author, and a summary of that article. Linking back to the article is also awesome. (This doesn't have to be fancy, a simple "In class we read ____ by ____. In this article, _____ talked about...)
- Discuss your opinion on the subject matter. Make sure to refer back to what the original writer said and expand on those ideas.
- Address counterarguments to your claim - it'll make your argument stronger.